Your Best Fitness Hack for 2021
Is being healthier something you commit to at the beginning of every year only to fall off your goals come March or April? If that sounds like you, you aren’t alone. An estimated 80% of Americans fail to keep their resolutions every year - the majority of which are health and fitness-related - according to the American Psychological Association. Now, what if we told you there’s an easy way to stay on track, meet your goals, and even beat the isolation this year of pandemic has brought?
Well, according to experts, an accountability partner may be just what you need to achieve your health and fitness goals this year, and here are three reasons why:
- They keep you going when you want to quit most: We all have days when we just don’t want to move. But having someone you have to check-in with regularly creates a sense of common ownership over your goals. In short, if you or your partner don’t meet those goals, you aren’t just missing your target, you’re missing your team’s target. Having that voice in the back of your head that says you might be letting your accountability partner down may be just the push you need to meet your goals on any given day.
- You have someone to celebrate with: Hitting fitness milestones is absolutely a reason to celebrate! And when you have someone who has been with you the entire journey, they have a better understanding of the effort that went into every win along the way, big or small. It’s that person who will be your biggest cheerleader, and who will give you the motivation to keep going.
- You’ll see results faster: Being accountable to someone other than yourself means you’re more likely to stick to your goals, and give it your all, even when you don’t want to. And that extra bit of motivation will translate into more consistency, which is key to getting results and getting them on the timeline you choose.
- You’ll learn new tricks to get through challenging moments: When you embark on any new fitness journey, you may find that you’re constantly seeking out new information to improve your results. Well, guess what? So is your accountability partner. Through them, you will have even more access to information that will help you meet your unique goals.
- Your mental health will be better: If 2020 has done nothing else, it has taught us the devastating effects isolation can have on our physical and mental health. Having an accountability partner, not only helps you stay on track physically, but ensures you are meaningfully connecting with someone on a consistent basis who cares about your wellbeing.
So what are you waiting for? Get in touch with a friend or family member today and commit to being each other’s fitness partners for 2021. Your body, and theirs, will thank you.