Bold's digital platform uses personalized exercise programs to address some of the most fundamental health and wellbeing challenges faced by older adults. Bold leverages research and data science to prevent falls, manage chronic conditions, and increase activity levels for older adults with clinically-effective and engaging exercise programs. Bold partners with health plans and providers to improve member outcomes and reduce care costs.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Bold team. The ideal candidate is excited about impacting the technical direction of the company. This person will help grow the Engineering team and work closely with leadership across the organization. If you are an experienced software engineer who is passionate about supporting older adults and wants to have an immediate impact on our business, then this role is for you.
- Actively maintain and build a culture of learning, respect, transparency, and trust.
- Write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability and scalability.
- Collaborate with other engineers by taking part in pair programming, whiteboarding solutions, team discussions to work as a team rather than working in isolation.
- Attend regular meeting with the front end team to expose weaknesses and problems
- Promote constant refactoring while developing features or touching existing code to keep the codebase as clean as possible.
- Maintain a stable server with zero downtime
- Defend the integrity of the codebase, never compromising on code quality.
- Ability to say NO, respectfully challenge ideas, and call out potential trade-offs.
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Understanding of agile, lean, and DevOps principles.
- Experience with our tech stack (React, Node, Postgres, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Capacity to work in high growth, fast-paced environments, and can adapt to change.
- Acute attention to detail and dedication to quality
- Love of clean, elegant code
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Capable of prioritizing multiple project in order to meet goals without management oversight
- Understanding of accessibility and server compliance
- Previous experience working with multiple platforms such as Desktop, Mobile, Tablet etc
- Enjoy talking to product, design, and business stakeholders to understand the problem space better.
- Passionate about fitness and healthy aging
- Familiarity with healthcare businesses and HIPAA compliance
Bold is committed to creating an inclusive culture that values all forms of diversity, including but not limited to age, gender, sexuality, ethnicity and ability. We believe in a world where everyone can age healthily and happily, and since everyone ages, we know we can only realize our vision if our team is diverse and inclusive.